My faith journey:
Following a broken relationship, I followed up on an invitation to church. I was saved that very day and was baptized a week later at the age of 26. A few years after retiring from BMX competition, I recommitted my life to the Lord and two months later met my wife Donna. Through a men’s discipleship group a year later, the Lord made it known that I would be involved in the great commission. Two years later I was commissioned to shepherd a home MiniChurch and lead a Jewish ministry at church for five years. For more than eight years I stewarded a ministry called Moto Ministries which progressed from a weekly Bible study into an evangelistic outreach throughout California with the OTHG motocross club until we
moved to Florida in 2018.
I had always desired to go to seminary, but it was cost-prohibitive while living in California. However, the Lord brought a different route for me and my wife Donna. Through a pastor and now friend, we both pursued a certification in Basic and Advanced Theology Courses and completed it in 2013. Through a different training methodology, that process radically grew our understanding of Scripture and how to apply it.
I met Pastor Mike at the Lakefront on the first day outdoors for the CCC St Cloud campus in 2020. Donna and I have been facilitators of the Jersey Ave Life Group since January 2021. Over the Summer of 2021, I lead the Hope at the Lakefront outreach on Saturday evenings. Donna and I serve on the Prayer Team. I help with weekly setup and Audio/Visual.
Books I recommend:
- “More Than a Sunday Faith” by Chris Suitt
- “Systematic Theology” by Wayne Grudem
- “Israelology: The Missing Link in Systematic Theology” by Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum Th.M,Ph.D
- “Messianic Christology” by Arnold G Frutchtenbaum, Th.M,Ph.D
- “How to be a Christian without being Religious” by Fritz Ridenour
- “I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist” by Normal L Geisler, Frank Turek
- “Letters to the Church” by Francis Chan